- Have residential custody of your child.
- Children must be UNDER 12 years of age.
- Enrolled in a Washington State (Department of Children Youth and Families) licensed childcare facility of your choosing.
- Attend an approved institution in King, Pierce, or Snohomish Counties.
- Reside in King, Pierce, or Snohomish Counties.
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for residing in directly neighboring counties. Please see our service area eligibility guidelines here.
- Be enrolled (or planning to enroll) for:
- 12+ units/full-time for Family Connections Program
- 10 + units/three-quarter time for Student Parent Success
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or greater, each term.
- Be pursuing completion of a certificate, associate, or bachelor’s degree.
- We do not fund career change degrees or second degrees and we do not fund post-graduate degrees (doctoral candidates).
- We review master’s degree applications on an individual and limited basis.
- Applicants must be eligible for Student Aid and be able to provide a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid).
- Applicants must be able to provide a clear and updated academic/education plan that shows which courses are needed to graduate, and the order they will be taken (to the best of your knowledge).
- Show a significant financial need for assistance. We use 80% of the area median income by county as a guideline. Proof of income, such as recent tax returns, will be required.
- For Family Connections Program Only: Apply for governmentchildcare subsidies funding you are eligible for. The Family Connections Program is intended to be a gap funding source to pay your out-of-pocket costs after all other resources (DCYF, CCAMPIS, CCAP, school financial aid, etc.) have been applied to your childcare invoice. We require participants to apply for other funding sources they are eligible for.
Tips for completing the application
- It is recommended to gather what you’ll need to apply prior to starting the application.
- You will be able to save your application and come back to it to complete it.
- We suggest taking your time when filling out the program application. Applicants will not receive priority based on their application’s submittal date. All applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
- If the submitted application is missing documents (for example: your FAFSA or WAFSA is not attached), your application will be marked as incomplete and will not move forward in the process.
- We are very happy to help you with any questions about the application or the process. You can contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 ext. 4.
If you think you are eligible, please take a moment to fill out the INTEREST FORM FOR STUDENT PARENTS. When you are done filling out the form, please click SUBMIT, in the bottom right corner. We operate on a rolling admission. As space becomes available, we invite interested students to complete an application for our programs.
Goodwin Connections is committed to assuring equal access to services, programs, and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individuals to apply. Further, it is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers. If you need accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 ext. 4
Goodwin Connections will not condone any harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.