Thank you for your interest in the Family Connections Program. The application is currently closed. If you are interested in hearing about when the application will reopen, please fill out our interested student form HERE.
All program applicants must:
- Have residential custody of your child.
- Children must be UNDER 12 years of age
- Enrolled in a Washington State (Department of Children Youth and Families) licensed childcare facility of your choosing.
- Note: We award childcare and preschool tuition assistance directly to the facility that is providing full-time or part-time care for your child(ren).
- Attend an approved institution King, Pierce, or Snohomish Counties.
- Reside in King, Pierce, or Snohomish Counties.
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for residing in directly neighboring counties. Please see our service area eligibility guidelines here.
- Be enrolled for a full course load of 12 credit hours/units.
- The exception is Summer term, which is optional and requires only 10 credit hours.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or greater, each term.
- Be pursuing completion of a certificate, associate, bachelor’s, or graduate degree.
- We do not fund career change degrees or second degrees and we do not fund post-graduate degrees (doctoral candidates).
- We commit to funding Master’s students for only one year, either for their 1st or 2nd year.
- Applicants must be eligible for Student Aid and be able to provide a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid).
- Applicants must be able to provide a clear and updated academic/education plan that shows which courses are needed to graduate, and the order they will be taken (to the best of your knowledge.)
- Show a significant financial need for assistance. We use 300% of the 2021 federal poverty level as a guideline. Proof of income may be required.
Tips for completing the application:
- It is recommended to gather what you’ll need to apply prior to starting the application.
- You will be able to save your application and come back to it before the submittal deadline.
- We suggest taking your time when filling out the Family Connections Program Application. Applicants will not receive priority based on their application’s submittal date. All applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
- If the submitted application is missing documents (for example: your FAFSA or WAFSA is not attached), your application will be marked as incomplete and will not move forward in the process.
- We are very happy to help you with any questions about the application or the process. You can contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 ext. 4.
Goodwin Connections is committed to assuring equal access to services, programs, and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individuals to apply. Further, it is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers. If you need accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 ext. 4
Goodwin Connections will not condone any harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.