Passionate about helping families? We are looking for your energy! Volunteer with Team Goodwin and share your time and talents with us and get those feel-good feelings that come with giving back to your community. Due to COVID-19, we have altered our volunteer opportunities so that they can all be performed remotely. We hope to bring back additional volunteer opportunities once it is safe to do so.
To begin the process of volunteering, please complete this questionnaire and we will be back in touch with you soon!
Open volunteer opportunities:
- Career Connectors – Directly support student parents in our Family Connections Program who are preparing for their career launch. Many of our student parents do not have the same social capital or networking opportunities as their college peers. Career connectors can be called on to assist parents with resume building or editing, internship or job leads at your company, networking introductions, or informational interviews. By volunteering, you will be offering our students the best preparation for life after graduation — giving them a much-needed boost for today’s competitive job market. When students enter the Family Connections Program, we will make introductions between our student parents and career connector volunteers who share a common link (i.e. connecting a nursing student with a volunteer who works in HR at Seattle Children’s or a nurse at UW Medicine.) Family Connections Program alumni and working professionals are welcome to become career connector volunteers.
- Team Cheer – Encourage our student parents and their children throughout the year by writing welcome emails or sending birthday greetings. This opportunity can be done at home and we will provide you with a packet of all you need to send delightful notes of support.
- Appreciation Crew – We love to express our gratitude by sending hand-written notes to our supporters. We will give you a thank-you bundle with everything you need to help us recognize donors.
- Event Squad – Assist with our fundraising and program-related events with planning and implementation, securing sponsorships, and procuring raffle items. Upcoming events include: Our Annual Luncheon and our JOYful Giving Season from Thanksgiving through the New Year.
- Board and Committee Members – We are currently recruiting members for our Board of Directors (openings in June 2021 and January 2022) and our DEVO (Development & Outreach) Committee. All meetings are being held virtually via teleconference for the time being. Current student parents and program alumni are encouraged to join as a guest or member of the Advisory Board throughout your time in the program.
Interested in learning more? Contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944. We’d love to chat with you about getting involved.