Passionate about helping families? We are looking for your energy! Share your time and talents with us and get those feel-good feelings that come with giving back to your community. From one-time event volunteers to periodic committee or office work, we are looking for every kind of volunteer. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Open volunteer positions:
- Team Goodwin Volunteer – This is a great, flexible position that allows you to directly connect with the families in our Family Connections Program. This at-home position requires, on average, one hour of volunteering per month. Team Goodwin volunteers support our students and their families throughout the academic quarter by providing encouragement, resources, and guidance as they progress towards graduation. By volunteering, you will be offering our students the best preparation for life after graduation — giving them a much-needed boost for today’s competitive job market.
- Storytime Volunteer – Share your love of books and storytelling with the children who attend our approved childcare/preschool sites. This role can be once a week to once a month – whichever works best with your schedule. Thank you to Third Place Books for curating our Storytime book list with inspired read-aloud books with diverse characters.
- Create-Your-Own Fundraiser – Plan an event to benefit our families! Tell us about your planned event and we will help promote it to our supporters and community.
- Group Volunteer Activities – Throughout the year, group volunteer activities become available. Please contact us to see what is possible for your small group.
May 2020 – Application Reviewer – Assist with reviewing applications for acceptance into the Family Connections Program through our community review process. This role takes place in the office, just let us know what time works best for you.
Anytime – Write Birthday Cards to our student parents and their children.
Anytime – Write Acknowledgment Notes to Donors – We love to express our gratitude! Help us send handwritten notes to our supporters.
Contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Board of Directors and Committees
- Board Member – We are currently recruiting new board members who are passionate about helping families create brighter futures through higher education. Those who want to share their expertise in the fields of Legal, HR, Finance, Marketing/Fundraising, IT, and Education are invited to meet with our nomination team for positions that will become open in January 2020 and June 2020. Board Meetings are held once a month. The time commitment is approximately 5 hours a month. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Board of Directors.
- Committee Member – Our committees help to shape programs, develop fundraising outreach, and more! We are currently recruiting members for our Advisory Board and Finance and Program Committees. The Advisory Board meets every month in the evenings. Other committees tend to meet quarterly. The time commitment is approximately 3 hours a month. Connect with us at email@example.com to learn more about how you can make a difference on a committee.