Family Connections Program Application is currently closed.
If you have already completed an application, please reference the timeline below. If you are interested in finding out when the application will reopen in Spring 2021 please fill out our interested student form HERE to be added to our contact list.
How does the application process work?
- Complete an initial application by December 4.
- Once we receive your application, we will review the information and documents provided to ensure that you meet our eligibility requirements.
- If your application is COMPLETE, we will notify you as to whether you will move on to a virtual applicant meeting, or if your application is declined.
- The applicant meetings will be conducted via Zoom, and are the last stage of the application process.
- IMPORTANT: If your application is 100% completed (including the correct required documents received) you will be contacted by the dates indicated. If your application is incomplete or you have uploaded the incorrect documents, we will not be able to process your application.
- If accepted into the program, you will be required to attend a virtual orientation meeting before the Spring 2021 quarter begins.
Fall/Winter application timeline (for funding to begin Spring 2021)
- November 2: Application opens online, and remains open until December 4.
- December 4: Application closes and review begins
- January 7-8: Applicant meeting invitations sent/ Decline letters sent (via email)
- Jan 25 – Feb 5: Applicant meetings take place (40-minute meeting via Zoom)
- February 12: Award letters sent to accepted student parents (via email)
- February 23-25: Required program orientation meeting for accepted student parents – multiple times will be available.
- April 1: Childcare assistance begins
I want to get my degree, how can Goodwin Connections help?
Childcare is expensive, and it can be a major barrier for parents who want to get their first higher education degree. Goodwin Connections’ Family Connections Program supports low-income families with childcare and preschool tuition assistance while one or both parents attend school full-time.
If I am already in school, can I still receive funding?
Students can be new to college, returning to college, or already enrolled and on the road to completing their first degree or certificate.
What kind of support will I receive?
Each student-parent accepted into the Family Connections Program may receive up to $2,200 per child (depending on the child’s age and cost of childcare), per quarter (paid directly to the preferred licensed childcare provider). Quarterly payments are made directly to the childcare provider.
Each student receives support and encouragement from day one through graduation day from Team Goodwin volunteers.
How flexible is your program?
Students are allowed to change their major once while in the program. If a student does not meet our minimum eligibility requirements for one quarter, they will continue to receive funding. However, if a student does not meet our minimum eligibility requirements for a second time, they will forfeit their place in the program. Students can also take one quarter off of school (for any reason) and not lose their place in the program (funding will be suspended for that quarter).
Once I am in the program, what will be expected of me?
All grantees in the Family Connections Program will need to submit a renewal form for EACH QUARTER they are in school. In order to receive funding, all paperwork must be submitted on time. Students are responsible for notifying Goodwin Connections prior to the start of each quarter if any of the minimum eligibility requirements will not be met.
We expect students to be committed to their educational and career goals, and to making a difference in their community after graduation. The availability of funding for our program is dependent on the success of our fundraising events held throughout the year. Grantee participation is critical to this success, therefore we expect all grantees to participate in at least one Goodwin Connections event each year.
Goodwin Connections is committed to assuring equal access to services, programs, and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to apply. Further, it is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers. If you need accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 ext. 4
Goodwin Connections will not condone any harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.