Thank you for your interest in the Family Connections Program. The application is currently closed. If you are interested in hearing about when the application will reopen, please fill out our interested student form HERE.
How does the application process work?
- Complete an initial application by April 30.
- Once we receive your application, we will review the information and documents provided to ensure that you meet our eligibility requirements.
- If your application is COMPLETE, we will notify you as to whether you will move on to a virtual applicant meeting, or if your application is declined.
- The applicant meetings will be conducted via Zoom, and are the last stage of the application process.
- IMPORTANT: If your application is 100% completed (including the correct required documents received) you will be contacted by the dates indicated. If your application is incomplete or you have uploaded incorrect documents, we will not be able to process your application.
- If accepted into the program, you will be required to attend a virtual orientation meeting before the Fall 2021 term begins.
Spring application timeline (for funding to begin Fall 2021)
- April 1: Application opens online and remains open until April 30
- April 30: Application closes and review begins
- May 31: Applicant meeting invitations sent/ Decline letters sent (via email)
- Jun 8 – 22: Applicant meetings take place (40-minute meeting via Zoom)
- June (various): Award letters sent to accepted student parents (via email)
- July 6-9: Required program orientation meeting for accepted student parents – multiple times will be available throughout the week.
- October 1: Childcare assistance begins for new cohort of student parents.
The Spring 2021 application cycle is now closed. If your application was 100% completed (including the correct required documents received) you should have already heard from us. If your application was incomplete or you uploaded incorrect documents, we were not able to process your application. You are eligible to re-apply this fall, and you are welcome to fill out the above form to be notified when the application re-opens.
I want to get my degree, how can Goodwin Connections help?
Childcare is expensive, and it can be a major barrier for parents who want to get their first higher education degree. Goodwin Connections’ Family Connections Program supports low-income families with childcare and preschool tuition assistance while one or both parents attend school full-time.
If I am already in school, can I still receive funding?
Students can be new to college, returning to college, or already enrolled and on the road to completing their first degree or certificate.
What kind of support will I receive?
Each student-parent accepted into the Family Connections Program may receive up to $2,200 per child (depending on the child’s age and cost of childcare), per quarter (paid directly to the preferred licensed childcare provider). Quarterly payments are made directly to the childcare provider. In addition, student parents receive basic needs benefits and career supports throughout their time in the program.
How flexible is your program?
Students are allowed to change their major once while in the program. If a student does not meet our minimum eligibility requirements for one quarter, they will continue to receive funding. However, if a student does not meet our minimum eligibility requirements for a second time, they will forfeit their place in the program. Students can also take one quarter off of school (for any reason) and not lose their place in the program (funding will be suspended for that quarter).
Once I am in the program, what will be expected of me?
All program participants in the Family Connections Program will need to submit a renewal form for EACH TERM they are in school. In order to receive funding, all paperwork must be submitted on time. Students are responsible for notifying Goodwin Connections prior to the start of each quarter if any of the minimum eligibility requirements will not be met.
We expect students to be committed to their educational and career goals, and to making a difference in their community after graduation. The availability of funding for our program is dependent on the success of our fundraising events held throughout the year.
Is there any easy way to share the information about your program?
If you are from an organization that serves student parents, please contact us at email@example.com so we can connect and provide you with additional outreach resources.
Goodwin Connections is committed to assuring equal access to services, programs, and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to apply. Further, it is the policy of the Goodwin Connections to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers. If you need accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 ext. 4
Goodwin Connections will not condone any harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other protected classification under applicable laws.