The application is now OPEN. Visit the application page for details.
The following information and documents will be required for your initial application:
School and financial information
- You need to meet all Family Connections Program eligibility requirements.
- You must intend to be or already are a FULL-TIME student, and registered at one of our Participating Institutions.
- If you are already enrolled in school, we will need complete academic transcripts (unofficial) including all coursework from previous colleges and universities you have attended – you must have a 2.5 overall (cumulative) GPA or better.
- A copy of your 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report ) Student Aid Report or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) which can be completed at the FAFSA site, or fill out the WASFA on the Ready.Set.Grad site.
- The FASFA Student Aid Report (SAR) should be downloaded as a PDF after completing the FASFA online and then uploaded to the application.
- You can access your SAR by visiting https://studentaid.gov/help/view-sar. Here is an example of what we are looking for:
- The FAFSA SAR document you upload should be approximately 5 pages long and look like this, but with your information.
- NEW: A clear and updated academic/education plan that shows which courses are needed to graduate, and the order they will be taken (to the best of your knowledge.) You may already have this from your school/advisor. Many academic programs outline this for you online. If you need a template, you can find an easy one HERE.
- 2020 Tax Returns that clearly show the adjusted gross income for your household.
- Basic information about household income and family size.
- Basic information about other benefits you may receive. (Does not affect eligibility.)
Essay and references
Initial applicants must provide responses to the following essay questions. It is recommended to first use a word document to type out your responses and then copy and paste your responses into the application in the appropriate section/boxes. Each response should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs.
- Please tell us about yourself and your family.
- Please describe your educational and career goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
Applicants will also be asked to provide an email contact for one reference who knows you in a professional or academic context, and who can speak to your eligibility and why you would benefit from being part of the Family Connections Program. We do not accept references from spouses, relatives, or friends.