Thank you for your interest in the Family Connections Program.
The Family Connections Program is currently closed. If you are interested in finding out when the application will reopen in Spring 2021 please fill out our interested student form HERE to be added to our contact list.
The following information and documents will be required for your initial application:
School and Financial Information
- You need to meet all Family Connections Program requirements.
- You must intend to be or already are a FULL-TIME student, and registered at one of our Participating Institutions.
- If you are already enrolled in school, we will need complete academic transcripts including all coursework from previous colleges and universities you have attended – you must have a 2.5 overall (cumulative) GPA or better. Unofficial transcripts are requested.
- A copy of your 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report ) Student Aid Report or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) which can be completed at the FAFSA site, or fill out the WASFA on the Ready.Set.Grad site.
- The FAFSA SAR document you upload should look like this, but with your information.
- A copy of your 2020-2021 financial aid award letter from the school you will be attending in the coming school year, if available.
- Basic information about household income, and family size.
Essay and References
Initial applicants must provide responses to the following essay questions. It is recommended to first use a Word document to type out your responses, and then copy and paste your responses into the application in the appropriate section/boxes. Each response should be a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs.
- In your own words, please tell us about yourself and why you are applying for the Family Connections Program.
- Please describe your short-term and long-term educational and career goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
- Please describe how your education will benefit you, your family, and your community.
- Briefly describe how you and your family have been impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic.
Applicants will also be asked to provide an email contact for one reference who knows you in a professional or academic context, and who can speak to your eligibility and why you would benefit from being part of the Family Connections Program. We do not accept references from spouses, relatives, or friends.