The Family Connections Program Application is currently closed and will open November 2.
Thank you for your interest in the Family Connections Program. Please fill out our interested student form to be notified when it reopens.
The following information and documents will be required for your initial application:
School and Financial Information
- You need to meet all Family Connections Program requirements.
- You must intend to be or already are a FULL-TIME student, and registered at one of our Participating Institutions.
- If you are already enrolled in school, we will need complete academic transcripts including all coursework from previous colleges and universities you have attended – you must have a 2.5 overall (cumulative) GPA or better. Unofficial transcripts are requested.
- A copy of your 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report ) Student Aid Report or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) which can be completed at the FAFSA site, or fill out the WASFA on the Ready.Set.Grad site.
- The FAFSA SAR document you upload should look like this, but with your information.
- A copy of your 2020-2021 financial aid award letter from the school you will be attending in the coming school year, if available.
- Basic information about household income, and family size.
Essay and References
Initial applicants must provide answers to the following three essay questions. It is recommended to complete these in a simple word document, and then copy and paste it into the application in the appropriate section/boxes.
- In your own words, please tell us about yourself and why you are applying for the Family Connections Program.
- Please describe your short-term and long-term educational and career goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
- Please describe how your education will benefit you, your family, and your community.
Applicants will also be asked to provide an email contact for one reference who knows you in a professional or academic context, and who can speak to your eligibility and why you would benefit from being part of the Family Connections Program. We do not accept references from spouses, relatives, or friends.